First, I want to thank Janet for all of her hard work over the last 18 months. Not only did she lead us to donate 25 quilts to Casa Teresa in March but organized the process. I am indebted to her as she hands over the reigns.
Our future opportunities as a guild are endless. The leadership would like our next donation to go to a Domestic Violence Shelter benefiting women and children in need. There are 4 shelters in Orange County. Over the next few months I will be contacting each of them, doing some research on their organization and seeing if we are a good fit. I will put my finding on our blog and we will then vote as a group to determine who our quilts will go to. Our target to donate our quilts is the holiday season.
How can you help?
- Donate fabric, batting, orphan blocks, batting (yes, I listed that twice)
- Attend our quarterly philanthropy sews (next on is May 18th at Cosmic Quilting)
- Take Projects Home
- Do scrap projects at home
- A basket to accept all donations
- Pre-cut kits with pattern and fabric
- Blocks to be sewn together
- Tops that need to be sandwich and quilted
Contact me anytime to return, donate, or pick up projects. Let's continue to give back to our communities with our beautiful quilts.
Thanks for your help in advance.