Our first meeting of the year was held at Cecile’s Studio and was a rousing success. We had many members returning and new members sign up. Check our flickr link for the amazing quilts our members are working on or have finished.
Thank you to JayBird Quilts and Elizabeth Hartman! for donating quilt patterns for our monthly raffle.
|L to R: Shelly, Peggy, and Trudy|
Make it Happen in 2016!
We asked our members what they set for their quilting goals for this year and this is what they said:
1. Practice free motion quilting on a long arm machine
2. Start sewing again!
3. Finish at least one UFO per month before starting a new project
4. Quilt my stash
What are your goals for this year?
2016 Guild Challenge #1 - Due March 24th!
Members present in March's meeting will vote on the quilts and the winner will receive a prize!
• Modernize a traditional Quilt State Star or A Log Cabin Pattern
• Link for ideas: Quilters Corner Club
• One side needs to be at least 20" long
• Must be completed
• Must be a member of OCMQG to participate
How would you make these modern?
|Star Block Examples|
|Log Cabin Examples|
Join us on February 25th at Cosmic Quilting for our next monthly meeting and....
...Bring your finished projects (we love to OOHH & AAHHH)
...Bring projects where you are stuck and need suggestions
...Bring a friend